Thursday, June 28, 2007

My tough little girl!

I dread Well Baby Check-ups! Today was Emmas 6 month check-up which meant another round of shots. It has been harder and harder each time. As she gets older and more aware, I feel worse about subjecting her to pain. Even though I know it's for her benefit. I realize that this way of thinking is something that I have to look forward to the rest of my life, as it is part of motherhood and parenting. I just need to buck up and be tough like my little Emma was when she got her shots today. She did really well! When the nurse was done she cryed a little, then whimpered a little, and by the time we were out making her next appointment she was laughing at her Nana again. (Who, by the way, has been so great to come to all Emmas check-ups to lend her support). I was so proud of my tough little baby girl!

Just a tip: My sister Carrie said give Emma tylonol before her appointment to help with the pain and that has made such a difference. Although she is a little loopy when we take her in, it has been a life saver and Emma recovers SOO much faster.

p.s. please sign in on the guest book I just installed below! Super fun!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Traci, your blog is so pretty! How do you learn to do all of these neat things? Good job! And I love the links...such good taste, you have.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog. You inspire me to update mine so i'm not the only one that views it! Your little Emma is sure a cutie. Sorry about the check up. I just took Dallin in for his 5 yr!! He got 3 shots and it was terrible. Love you!!

Mary

Debi Eagar said...

Can you print these pages and keep them forever? I just know Emma wants them in a book. They're so nice.

Mrs. Cropper said...

Shots are lame. I'm always amazed at how well Blaine does, though. In truth, I'm doing way more freaking out than he ever is!

Mrs. Cropper said...

Just wanted to say--I'm so glad Emma loves her Fuzzy Bee and Friends! I love books and toys that make that crinkly sound! Love you!

Danielle said...

Oh yeah that is what we always do before we give the babies vaccines. It helps. Ps. I put up a picture of us on my blog...hope its ok? You look fab. I had so much fun seeing you guys. I can't wait till you move here!!