Thursday, June 21, 2007

IT'S FINALLY HERE.....


That's right! Today was the first official day of summer. Emma and I just had to get outside and enjoy the day. Although, she was a little sleepy and wasn't in a real summer'y mood (it was probably the heat).

Even though she wasn't her chipper self, we (ok..I) sang our favorite summertime primary song as we walked around the track at the nearby elementary school.

Oh, what do you do in the sumertime, when all the world is green?Do you fish in the stream, or lazily dream on the banks as the clouds go by? Is that what you do? So do I!
Oh, what do you do in the summertime, when all the world is green? Do you swim in a pool, to keep yourself cool, or swing in a tree up high? Is that what you do? So do I!
Oh, what do you do in the summertime, when all the world is green? Do you march in parades, or drink lemonades, or count all the stars in the sky? Is that what you do? So do I!

Well, we didn't do any of those things on this 1st day of summer but it's only just begun, Right?


What do you do in the summertime?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anything water related! Beach, pool, little wading pool in the backyard, sprinklers, whatever we can do to stay cool. Have a fab summer!

Brynne, Aaron and Cade said...

Oh man, super cute! I love the pictures and love how creative you are in your blog. Very cool!

Walk, run, park, pool, play with nieces and grandmas, camp, rodeos, just all good fun!

Anonymous said...

In Texas we just try not to die of heat exhaustion and stay cheerful in spite of our sticky underwear :)
I'm with Katie on this one, anything water-related; I think it's Henry's favorite substance on this planet. And it tires him out real good and then he takes long naps so I can get my stuff done. Miss you, Traci :)

Mrs. Cropper said...

Blaine also loves to play in the water. And he loves to play on the grass with his green rubber (think 4-square) ball. Taylor and I love to take bike rides. And we love to grow veggies. And I love that I can wear flip-flops. Basically I love summer. I just love love love it and hate when winter comes. I'm still amazed that I've spent the last almost decade of my life living in Utah and Ohio--and been happy about it! What elem. school are you close to? Jefferson?? I can't wait to see you!