Friday, August 24, 2007

Thoughts of a "wanna be" runner...

Ok so I have started running. I'm crazy, I don't even like running! But some things must be done and so here I am, a wanna be runner. (but lets face the facts, my out of shape body can really only muster up a slow jog!)
As I was running, eh um ... jogging... this morning I thought about all the random thoughts I have while trying to keep my mind off the fact that my legs feel like lead. So, I have decided to share with you all my random thoughts. Here we go...
Why do people litter? I am disgusted by those who can throw a piece of garbage on the ground without thought. We should all be more aware of keeping the world we've been blessed to live in clean and trash free. Kudos to the sweet lady I saw with her 2 children picking up trash around a neighborhood playground this morning. And at 6:45 in the morning too!!! What a great example she is setting for them! Maybe I should bring a rubbish bag with me when I take Emma on walks and pick up trash too! (with some hand sanitizer - I am still my mothers daughter ;)
So pick up your rubbish!

5 comments:

Brynne, Aaron and Cade said...

That's what I do when Cade and I go on walks or go to the park. Although I'd like to get one of those long hand held trash brabber things so I don't have to pick it up with my bare hands (it just now occured to me: why don't I have gloves???.) Even with sanitizer, it's still a little sketchy!

Brynne, Aaron and Cade said...

Way to "think Green" trace! I'm proud of you! And proud of you for running too! Don't worry, the more you stick with it, the easier it will get. Trust me!!! Good luck! :)

Jill said...

Ok, if you are running, I am motivated! I have been diligent on my bike and it's time to hit the pavement!

Rob, Brooke, Breanna and Ethan said...

I think that's a great idea about picking up the trash along the way. I think Breanna and I are going to try that b/c might as well do some good while we're walking! I would like gloves, that's a good idea too.

Wahoo for jogging! I definitely need to try doing that once I'm all healed. I think I have jogged twice since I had Breanna....so my motivation is lacking, I enjoy walking much more, but I used to enjoy jogging too....maybe I will if I tried it again. Good for you!

Brooke said...

I can completely related to you. I tried running this summer and I had to consciencesly force myself to think of something besides how miserable I was feeling. One reoccurring thought I had was actually a question rather... I passed by a cat that had been hit and was sitting on the sidewalk. It was quite grotesque but every day as my dog and I passed that cat (I had to refrain Sobie from sniffing it) I wondered who was going to clean up that cat? Who's job is it anyway? I probably should have taken the initiative and done it myself but seeing that I am a germaphobic person I never did. It's probably still resting in peace on the sidewalk. Sad story yet my mind was focused on the cat instead of my misery!