Monday, May 21, 2007

Let me explain...

I try very hard not to be the boastful type, but my expressive side that needs to explain everything in great detail sometimes gets in the way. So I am sorry if this sounds braggy but I feel like I should explain a few reasons why
I AM THE LUCKIEST,


I truely have been blessed in my life. This is our little family. We are few in numbers, but not in personality. (Although Emma has most of it!)


I'm lucky enough to be married to the most handsome, compassionate, adventurous,


did I mention HOT,


patient, kind, understanding, funny,



sweet, and devoted man.


He is a great husband and father



and I am the luckiest girl to be sealed to him for time and all eternity.


I get to be the mother of a happy, passionate, smart little girl who I am certain will be teaching me more than I could ever teach her.
She has many faces,


Happy

Curious

Serious

Mad

Silly


and just dang Cute!

Before you have a baby you hear many people say how hard motherhood is, but that it is even more rewarding. Well, by golly they are right! I couldn't have imagined the struggles, but I couldn't have imagined the joy that I feel when I squeeze her or hear her laugh. I am the luckiest because I get to wake up to this little girl every morning!


I use to live in Hawaii. HELLO! How lucky was I to live in paradise?





Not only did I have a tan year round for three years, man do I miss that, but Mark and I met there and I am and the luckiest that it will always be home to us.


I have travelled to many exciting places!



Cape Town, South Africa






London, England

Maui, Hawaii


Just to name a few! I am the luckiest to have had these opportunities of a lifetime.



I grew up in a loving home with parents who loved me and taught me the right way. And with siblings who were a great example to me.
(sorry this is the most recent and complete family pic I have)

I also grew up a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. In which I have been blessed to know who I am, where I came from and where I am going, it's a knowledge that blesses my life everyday!

I am the luckiest!

10 comments:

Mrs. Cropper said...

OOOH Traci, I love this post! I love your gratitude, I love the many faces of Emma, I love your voice that comes out... And p.s. you forgot to mention Mark's hot accent (can I write that about your husband?!). Remember when he met my brother? Mark: "I'm Mahk" Brian: confused look Traci: "His name's Mark." Brian: "So your name's Mark but you go by Mahk?" Mark: "I'm from South Africa." What I suppose what was going on in Brian's mind: "I feel like an idiot."
Taylor and I still die laughing about that all the time! I LOVE YOU GIRL!

Danielle said...

I think it is great you have your very OWN blog. Its important for a girl to have a place of her very own. I loved to see all the fun pics and Emma...just darling. I hope I get to meet her soon. I can't wait to hear more about all your adventures!

Danielle said...

ps. there is no such thing as being braggy on blogs...I am pretty sure that is what they are here for!

Kate said...

Oh this is fun! I'm love blogs and I love yours!!! Emma is just, well what can I say, the cutest! All those pictures are perfect! Your have a beautiful little family...something to be proud of...and I'm with Danielle, it's your blog and you can brag all you want!! I love it! I can't wait to meet your little girl in real life either! Hopefully someday soon! I need to call you...

Anonymous said...

what fun pictures, trace...and isn't it nice to feel lucky? You are lucky. mark is wonderful (though I would like to know him better,) and emma couldn't be cuter if she were made out of buttons and bows...I really want to hold her. right now.

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are cute pictures! And I didn't know your hubby was from South Africa! My brother has the same accent as him now since serving in Zimbabwe. And those pictures of Emma are too sweet!

Katrina said...

Hi, Traci! I stumbled upon your blog from Em's and wanted to say hi. Do you remember when Emily and I came to EFY at Ricks when you were there? So long ago! I loved this post!

Jill said...

Traci,
I love the pictures especially of Emma in all of the very different facial expressions. She is a doll, as is the rest of the family.

JILLY

Spiresfam said...

Thank you all for your comments and for visiting my new blog, I am really excited about it!
Anne- Yes, you can say that Mark has a hot accent. And, I am still laughing about the Mark/Brian encounter. Even after all the hundreds of times that has happened to Mark, that particular time always sticks out in my mind.
Danielle & Kate- I feel better knowing that I have full bragging rights now, and I hope you can meet little Emma soon!
Em- How about you take Emma for a day and I will take Henry? I just can't wait to squeeze those cheeks!
Katie- I didn't know that your brother served in Zimbabwe. (are we that old?) Marks family is actually from Rhodesia which is what Zimbabwe use to be called. That's a pretty crazy mission right now, I bet he can tell som good stories.
Katrina- Of course I remember!!! Congrats on your marriage. Come back and visit anytime.
Jill-I need your e-mail address!

liz said...

This is so awesome -- love the new blog. And I'm so glad I clicked on the comments, since I was rewarded by reading Anne's story about Brian, which I'd never heard. Whenever Mr. Brilliant and Perfect does something stupid, we have to remember it!

Reading about how lucky you are has reminded me how lucky I am -- thanks!